Things to do in Riga
1. First thing to do in Riga is catching a glimpse of Riga skyline from St.Peter’s church tower.
If you’re not afraid of heights you have to visit St.Peter’s Church and take the elevator to the top of the tower – They say: „You haven’t seen Riga if you haven’t seen it from a bird’s eye view!” Make sure you dress warm, since it’s very windy up there!
2. Second thing to do in Riga is taking a break in one of the small squares of Riga Old Town (Vecrīga)
If you visit Riga Old Town in spring or summer, you have to take a break from all of the sightseeing, grab a chair and just enjoy one of the small squares full of life!
3. The third thing to do in Riga is go to Latvian National Opera (LNO)
Even if you don’t get the chance to see an opera, you can still enjoy the magnificent and unique architectural masterpiece. – The tickets for tours in LNO cost only 3 lats and are available at LNO box office!
4. The fourth thing to do in Riga this spring is visiting the Latvian Ethnographic Open Air Museum
This is the one place to see all five regions of Latvia in one place. Amongst the trees you will find 50 wooden buildings from every region (Selija, Kurzeme, Zemgale, Latgale and Liv land). If you really want to enjoy LEOAM you have to visit it at the first weekend of June to see the Latvian folk market.
5. The fifth thing to do in Riga but certainly not least in our 5 things to do in Riga list is taking a tour of the House of Blackheads.
This magnificent piece of architecture is located in Town Hall Square and was rebuilt only 13 years ago (1995-1999). The town square is a ‘MUST visit’ sight in Riga.